I had shared some of my fav songs that are a part of my running playlist, in one of my previous articles (read here) and it’s time for part 2. Even though mostly I love listening to pumped up music during my runs, there are days I just want to listen to music which moves me and stirs my soul . I have put together a list of tracks (Hindi and English both) that really do it for me on an emotional level when I run. They are all thought provoking tracks that take your mind on another plane. I would love to explore this further and get some suggestions from you. And maybe a playlist on my MP 3 player while you are at it 🙂
- This song is about child trafficking with questions so deep. “Is it true when they say all you need is just love? What about those who have loved, only to find that it’s taken away?And why do they say that the children have rights to be free? What about those who I’ve known whose memories still lives inside of me?
2) It’s probably one of the ‘sunniest’ songs I have ever heard. It’s just beautiful, fills me with a lot of hope and also reminds me to enjoy what I have now. Whether you want to look at the lyrics with optimism or pessimism is really up to you.
3) If you are a Amit Trivedi fan and then this probably is already one of your fav songs. This one is heartbreakingly melancholic and thought provoking. It’s strange but I draw a lot of inspiration to carry on from this song.
4) This song never fails to give me goosebumps and a beautiful reminder of how vulnerable we all are.
5) Probably one of the greatest love ballads ever. I love this song not because I’m hopelessly romantic but I sincerely believe that love can be this intense.