I always stock bananas (runner syndrome I guess!) in my house but during summers they obviously ripen very quickly. But of course, ripe bananas are perfect for baking. Chocolate Banana cake is wonderfully moist, soft and a bit dense. I like my cake without frosting but if you are looking to serve it as a dessert, you can top it with some chocolate ganache (click here for recipe).
And surprisingly my son loves it too. Now to the easy peasy two bowl recipe –
Flour – 125gm
Sugar – 200gm (granulate after measuring)
Cocoa Powder -37/38gm
Bananas – 11/2 medium size or half cup post mashing (riper the better)
Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Water – 120ml (slightly warm)
Milk – 60ml
Oil – 60ml
Egg – 1
Vanilla Essence – 3/4 tsp
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 mins.
- Mix/sieve together all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients and mash the banana into it (I do it with a fork).
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture in a greased pan lined with butter paper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (mine was done in about 38 minutes) at 180 degrees C in a 8 inch square or round baking pan.
Remove the cake from the baking pan after ten mins. Let the cake cool down on the wire rack as shown below in the pic.
I prefer this cake after keeping it in the fridge for a couple of hours.