Skincare I feel, is one of the most important aspect of beauty. A healthy life essentially means a nice skin. I ensure that I include a lot of antioxidants such as leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, berries etc. in my diet. And of course, I drink plenty of water throughout the day, beginning with a glass in the morning, right after I wake up. These essentially help in getting rid of the toxins in the body, thereby giving one a clearer skin. But as I am steadily approaching 40, I am beginning to feel the need to invest more in authentic skincare brands, while maintaining my healthy diet. My vote would any day go to brands which are organic, or ayurvedic and essentially use natural ingredients.
Even though I am low on using products for skin care & rely mostly on a heathy lifestyle, I still have a few must have products. Have curated a list of my favorites:
- Natural Rose Water /Toner– After I wash my face in the morning, I use a natural toner. As I have a very dry skin, I use oil in place of regular moisturizer for my face. And with an oil, it is imperative to use a toner, so that the thick concentrated oil doesn’t block out moisture from the skin. I always ensure that I use rose water which is ayurvedic and 100% natural. For those with dry skin as mine, I would recommend that you use a toner in case you are using oil on your skin. Remember, while using a toner, hold the bottle at a distance from your face and spray generously. Leave this on your face for some 10-15 seconds.
- Daytime Light Therapy Oil – Mostly for day use, I use a light oil on my face. Ensure that after applying a few drops, massage this gently on your face for a good 45 seconds to a minute, with light finger strokes in circles (inside to outside first). This would improve blood circulation while the oil gets evenly spread on your skin.
These are essentially my morning skin care routine. I mostly buy these products from Amazon India. Needless to say, in these COVID times, shopping online seems to be the safest option.
And what if I tell you that you can make your every online spend a rewarding one & earn amazing Reward Points?
I recently chanced upon another SBI Card, the SimplyCLICK SBI Credit Card. I found this extremely rewarding for all my online shopping needs. The SimplyCLICK SBI Card has many exclusive partners, Amazon.in being one of them. Shopping with these exclusive partners such as Lenskart, Cleartrip, Urban Company, Netmeds & many more, allows you to earn 10X Reward Points. That’s not all folks! You can earn 5X Reward Points on all other online spends, get an Amazon.in Gift Card worth Rs. 500 & also receive Cleartrip Gift Vouchers worth Rs. 4,000 on reaching annual online spends of Rs.2 Lakhs.
So, while my go-to marketplace for these skin care needs is Amazon.in, my go-to card for online purchase is now SimplyCLICK SBI Card.
So, now that we have covered the morning skin care routine, let us look at a couple of more natural products, for nighttime skin care.
- Natural Gentle Facewash – I prefer one with natural ingredients such as turmeric, milk, honey; these serve as natural therapy to skin issues, if any. I believe it’s important that the face needs a proper cleanser & hence I use this facewash to wash away any dirt or pollutant before bedtime. Again, because of my skin being very dry, I ensure I use a facewash which is gentle, and which doesn’t leave my face dry after wash. Remember to gently massage in whichever facewash you are using for about 30-40 seconds before you wash it off. After this, once more, I apply my regular rose water toner.
- Night Serum – It is said a night serum use is essential once you hit your 30’sJ I use this as the last product before going to bed. Mine has natural oils which has specifically helped me reduce the pigmentation and black spots on my face. Always remember to do a patch test or try out a sample before you actually invest in a serum; not all are suitable for different skin types.
So, these are essentially my morning and nighttime skin care products. However, once a week, I use a face pack and post vacations, I use a detan pack also.
- Haldi and Chandan Facepack – I mostly use this before an event or a shoot, because it leaves a very nice glow on my face. I feel investing in good skin care brands at home enables me to take better care of my skin rather than going to a salon.
Do ensure that your face is moist before you apply any face pack, so that there is some layer between the pack and your face. Again, whichever face pack you choose to use, please do a patch test first. My choice is Haldi and Chandan facepack as because turmeric and sandalwood paste have their very well rooted merits in matters of skin blemishes or any kind of dark patch or spot.
Guys, my skincare routine to me is a small but an important element of an overall healthy living. I would also urge you to take the little steps of hydrating yourself well & including leafy vegetables and citrus fruits to your diet. A healthy diet leads to a happy and glowing skin. Agree? J