7 things I’ve learned in my eventful 33 years –
1. A strong body is key to happiness, and running is the master key. If I was granted a wish to transfer just one learning, but completely, to people I care for most – this is it.
2. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” – Dr Suess
I’m more than my long nose, thin lips, tiger stripes and cellulite. I feel more secure just being me and no longer feel threatened by other women and and its such a comfortable place to be in.
3. I have learned to forgive, bless, and move on. A relationship which saps too much energy out of me or gets too complicated is not worth it. No point investing time and emotions in people who take me for granted. I do not have to impress everybody. Letting them go may seem tough, but when you do, it leaves you feeling ah so light.
4. I feel good when I wear what I like to. I will keep it that way. I’m not certain if people do…but if they do discuss what I wear, then it must be important for them.
5. I should try everything that I feel up to without fear of seeming stupid. Life, in which you can actually do all what you want to, is short. I won’t let opportunities to try my hand at or experience something new just go by. I will grab them instead. Certain things that intimidate me – traveling alone, learning a musical instrument – I will try those too.
6. I’ve finally learned to say no when I know it’s the right answer. I’m so done saying yes just to make people happy. Of course, I’m not done saying yes to make people happy, if that makes me happy.
7. Meditation – I never thought it works. Till not many months ago, I used to think of meditation as a pass time of the complexed wealthy or occupation of the underemployed well offs. And yet I gave it a shot (see Learning # 5) and surprisingly found myself in better control of my reactions and more at peace with my grievances with self.