This cake recipe is as simple as it gets. I wanted to bake a Kitkat cake for my son on his 5th birthday and that’s why I hunted the internet for the easiest Chocolate Cake and Ganache recipe. I did a couple of trials and found this one the easiest.
I like my chocolate cake with Ganache topping (click here for the recipe). You can just pour the ganache over the cake once it cools down. This recipe can be used to make Chocolate Cupcakes as well. I once did a baking class for kids and they loved spreading the ganache on their cupcakes and decorating them with sprinklers. On my later posts, I will also share how to assemble the Kitkat cake (it looks very professional).
Cocoa Powder (Hershey’s or Cadbury’s) – 30 gm
Sugar- 2oo gm
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1
Warm water – 120ml
Milk – 120ml
Oil – 60ml
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Pre heat oven for 8-10 minutes @ 180 degrees C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Mix all the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix the dry and wet ingredients with the spatula.
- Pour the mixture in a 8″inch round/square greased pan lined with butter paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees C.
Disclaimer – This is not my recipe. I got it from the internet 3-4 years back.