Kabir (my son) loves these Chocolate Chip Cookies a bit more than the brownies that I bake. And I baked them today to give him a little sweet surprise as today is his last day of 3rd grade. Perks of working from home I guess. This one is chewy and quite rich. Since, I have run out of chocolate chips, I will be using chunks of chocolate instead.
Butter – 113gm
Light/Dark Brown Sugar – 80gm (don’t use Mawana as that’s just colored white sugar)
Egg – 1
Vanilla Essence – 3/4 tsp
Flour – 150 gms
Chocolate Chips – 135gm (I used Morde Dark Compund, any chocolate would do)
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven at 190 Degrees C for about 8-10 mins. Line the baking tray with butter paper.
- With the hand mixer, beat the butter (straight from the fridge) in a bowl until soft and creamy.
- Beat the sugars with the butter till mixed well.
- Beat the egg as well as vanilla essence into the mixture and scrape the sides of the bowl as and when required.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and add it to the above mixture till it incorporates.
- Add the chocolate chunks in the end.
- If the mixture is too soft (generally it is ), then refrigerate this mixture for half an hour or so.
- Use an icecream scoop or spoon to drop the mixture on to the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. The sides should be golden brown but the center will still be little soft.
- Let them cool down completely before picking up.
Note – Baking time will also depend on the size of the cookies you are making. This batter will make about 15-18 big cookies as shown in the pic above.