I’m not a great cook but I love to experiment with various ingredients and end up getting lucky sometimes. I had Basa fish on my mind when I wanted to try out something with Cajun seasoning wasting away at home, but a Bengali bhodrolok I met at David’s (the best shop to buy your fish and prawns in Gurgaon) convinced me to buy Sole fillet instead. I can’t thank him enough for introducing me to this soulful, less smelly fish.
This preparation wouldn’t take more than 20 mins of your time. It’s healthy, delicate and fills up your senses.
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- One medium size onion sliced
- One red bell pepper cut in to squares
- Cajun Seasoning (I used Keya)
- 6 pieces of Sole fillet, preferably chunky
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Rub salt and squeeze one lemon juice on the fish. Marinate for half an hour.
- Wash the fish, mix 2 tbsp (or to taste) Cajun seasoning, a pinch of salt and two 1 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- In a flat pan, saute garlic, onions and bell peppers in little oil. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, pan fry the fish. It takes approx five minutes to cook on each side.
- Toss the sauteed vegetables with the fish. Sprinkle black pepper and salt as required.
- Serve with lemon wedge.
I would be very happy if you would leave comments after trying out the preparation. Also, please share if you try out any variations 🙂