Life has become taxing with work, unending domestic chores and not to mention, being a mother to a ten-year. I thought it would get easier as Kabir grows older and in some ways it has but for most part, I’m more stressed. Maybe it’s because of the sudden increase in pressure from school regarding academics or his emotional needs or both. And then there is pressure of being a smart mom in just the way Kabir looks at me like I have solution for everything! So here are some of my secret hacks to that lovely and not-so-well managed home, without losing sleep…aah well, at least not all of it 😉
- Planning the kitchen menu in advance. Even though it’s my house help who does most of the cooking, planning helps in a way that I include Kabir’s favorite in the list and there are less tantrums to deal with. And I don’t feel ashamed to order in specially with a lot of healthy options available now.
- I check the medicine box once every month and ensure expired medicines are discarded and all the basic ones are stocked.
- Stocking up my kitchen/toiletries on weekends so that I always have everything I need at my fingertips. I let my father do the needful actually.
- I keep my interiors elegant and minimal. I do not like crowding my space with too much pretty stuff. Clutter and dust can have an impact on mood so keeping it clutter-free is the only thing I know. Also, more clutter means more cleaning. It doesn’t help that I have a cat who wants to break everything.
- I give away unused clothes or clothes Kabir has grown out of once every quarter. It helps me in more than one way.
- As a rule, I keep Sundays my free. I have started saying no to events and even hanging out with friends on Sundays. They are meant for catching up on sleep or for Kabir.
- And since painting in my house is due, I’m planning to get Berger Easy Clean Paint When the house has a minimal look and feel to it, clean pretty walls matter a lot. And this one ensures that the stains can be easily cleaned. Easy Clean gives a rich luxurious finish backed up by Cross-Linking Polymers which ensure that even stubborn stains can be cleaned easily from the wall, keeping your home looking spot-less & beautiful day after day.
Yes, I mess up so often, forgetting the little this and that! Can be frustrating at times, but then I tell myself it is okay to err and that tomorrow will be a better day!