A simple quick recipe shared by Tanushree and I feel it’s perfect for summers as who wants to stand in the kitchen for too long in this heat. Also, this is perfect for carb loading 😉 And I like the twist in the end for summers.
100% Whole Wheat Spaghetti (I used Spigadoro)
Olives – Green and Black (cut into slices)
Cherry Tomatoes (cut into haves)
Basil leaves (full or randomly torn with fingers)
1 tea spoon mixed Italian herbs (Keya or any other good brand)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1) Boil the Spaghetti with a pinch of salt and one tea spoon olive oil.
When cooked (but still stiff or al dente), take it off the gas and rinse under cold running water.
2) Take a tea spoon of olive oil in fingers and rub through the Spaghetti
3) In a pan, heat 1 tbsp Olive oil. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and mixed herbs,
and cook until they become soft. You can also squeeze a few tomatoes.
4) Add basil leaves and olives and cook for a minute.
5) Add Spaghetti and mix well.
6) Add a tbsp on olive oil if required. Refreshing Spaghetti is ready!
In summers, you can play around with mint leaves too!
Tanushree is a Senior Process Governance and Compliance Analyst but her passion lies in photography and cooking.